Saturday, June 21, 2014

There may be spontaneous combustion from all the sexy! ~ARC Review: Losing Control by Jen Frederick

Kerr Chronicles #1
Publisher: Pear Tree, LLC
Publication Date: June 16, 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Source: eARC via author

~Synopsis~
I’d do anything to keep my mother alive.

Anything, including ask Ian Kerr for help. I don’t know much about him, except that he has more money than some small countries. And he’s willing to spend it on me. Just one catch: there’s a string attached, and not just the one I feel pulling me into his arms and his bed. There’s also the plan for revenge he wants my help with.

Every time he says my name, it makes my body shiver and my heart stutter. I know he’s going to wreck me, know there won’t be anything left of me but lust and sensation by the time he’s done with me, but even though I can see the heartbreak coming towards me like a train, ready to crash into me, I can’t get out of the way. I want what he makes me feel. Want what he’s offering.

This may have started out as something to save my mother, but now…now it’s about what he makes me feel. I’m in danger of losing everything that’s important. Worse? Ian's whispered words and hot caresses are making me believe that's okay.


~Review~

I am a huge fan of Jen and I will read anything she writes. I adore the Woodland series so it breaks my heart to say this but... Losing Control was her best book yet! She knocked it out of the park on this one. It was so well developed and I really connected with the characters.

Tiny is dealing with a lot but she is so loyal and loving and I really loved the way she looked after her mother. She has such a big heart and she will do anything to help save her mom. My heart really went out to Tiny because her mom is all she has and to watch her succumb to cancer was very difficult for her. Tiny is really strong and I loved her independence. Despite the things that could hold her back, she doesn't allow them to bring her down. She just works twice as hard. When Ian walks into her life and offers her the world, she wants to resist but he makes it pretty damn impossible.

Ian, oh dear sweet sexy as hell Ian. He is HOT, rich, smart, sexy and he wants Tiny. He has a very special job that he needs done and he isn't sure he wants Tiny for the job at first but it might be the only way he can have her. He's very wealthy but he's self made and I love that about him. He isn't entitled or arrogant and that made him that much more swoon-worthy. Ian is also mysterious and he clearly has an agenda he is working. He wants revenge but the more he falls for Tiny, the harder it is for him to use her to get it.

Tiny and Ian have some seriously HOT chemistry; like spontaneously combustible chemistry. Their attraction and sexual chemistry was intense and immediate. Tiny really fought it and I'll give the girl credit because she put up a good one but her and Ian were inevitable. She really wants to stand on her own and accepting everything Ian offers her is really hard. This quality only feeds Ian's attraction to her and he falls hard. When Tiny succumbs to his charms, they have some incredibly steamy moments. Jen really knows how to write a scene that makes you squirm a bit and flame the cheeks. I felt like she really did a great job of mixing mystery and romance.

There were so many incredible things about this book and I was more than impressed by this book. I didn't know what to expect when I started reading but it definitely exceeded any expectations that I had. The character development was well done and I really got a sense of who Tiny was. Ian is a bit of a mystery but that is to be expected with the plot and I liked the way Jen handled it. I also found the plot to be really well developed and there was a lot of depth to it. This is a series so this book only scratched the surface behind Ian's desire for revenge because this book was meant to introduce us to Tiny and Ian and really develop their relationship. I can't wait to see what's next with Taking Control!


PURCHASE LINKS:

1 comment:

  1. Wooo! So glad you lovec this one! I am dying for the next book! Oh I like how you put that about Ian being self-made. It's so true. He's not that arrogant, asshole billionaire. He worked hard to get where he is and his arrogance isn't really arrogance...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!