Sunday, July 14, 2013

15 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 7


This challenge is hosted by April over at Good Books, Good Wine. It is a new, unique challenge to put some spark back into blogging. Day 5 challenge is to Talk about your blogging quirks. Here's what I do!

I have only been blogging since February so I had to really think about this one. Do I have quirks? I'm sure I do. 

One of my major quirks is scheduling. I am super organized person so when I started getting really busy, I decided I should start keeping a schedule. I bought a planning notebook and started using google calendar as well. It is really important to me that I don't miss anything I signed up for or forget to review a book for an author request. 

As soon as I sign up for an event, I add it to my Google calendar. If an author requests me to read and review a book, I pre-schedule the review on my calendar to make sure that I review it in a timely manner. A week before hand, I pull out my planner notebook and write out my schedule for the next week. I usually re-arrange it throughout the week but I like having it written out at least.

Another quirk I have is timing between scheduled posts for the following day. When I pre-schedule my posts the night before, I have this think about not wanting them all to go live at midnight so I spread them out. Sometimes I do it in 1/2 hour increments and sometimes I give it a couple of hours between posts. I don't know why I do this, I just do.

These are all I can think of right now though I'm sure there are more. I can't wait to read everyone else's quirks and I am sure mine are lame compared to others.

12 comments:

  1. I do the same thing! All of it! I have my handy dandy scheduling notebook (for tours, mostly) and I also don't have my posts go live all at once. I like to post memes at midnight and then review type posts in the early morning. I don't use Google calendar, but I might look into it for reviewing NG/EW books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a scheduler too. I use the yahoo calendar, iCalendar and have a written one too. I am scheduled until September. ;) Love the new additions. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish. But I'm a hopelessly unorganised (when it comes to blogging). I enjoy the chaos though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organization is my kryptonite. I have to add blog events such as tour stop to my calendar and circle it in red marker or I will forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stick to a paper calendar and a super dooper spreadsheet to keep me on track. And I have to schedule posts for 6.30 am, no other time! No idea why. One quirk I wish I had was being more careful about checking for typos but I don't! Shrugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I don't know why I do this, I just do" lol! that's like the definition of a quirk. I have so many of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like using google calendar for when I am signing up for events to I can add it right away and make sure I don't double book tours. Then I use my planner on a week to week basis. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I am schedule up to September also :-) It is nice using a couple different calendars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever works for you :-) You rock it without a calendar so I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I definitely want to make sure I don't forget anything so I am crazy with the calendar. I change my reviews around a lot though so my planner is unbelievably messy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never thought about spreadsheets. Great Idea. I got a really cute planner and some colored pens so I am having fun with that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! that is the definition isn't it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!