Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: Find You in the Dark by A. Meredith Walters

Find You in the Dark
Author: A. Meredith Walters
Publisher: Amazon Digital Servics, Inc


Maggie Young had the market on normal. Normal friends, normal parents, normal grades...normal life. Until him.
Clayton Reed was running from his past and an army of personal demons that threatened to take him down. He never thought he had a chance at happiness.
Until her.
Maggie thought their love could overcome anything. Clay thought she was all he needed to fix his messy life. 
That together, they could face the world.
But the darkness is always waiting. 
Sometimes the greatest obstacle to true love is within yourself.
**************************

This book was utterly amazing and I was captivated from the prologue. This was a beautiful and heart wrenching story and I found myself on the verge of tears a time or two. The characters were so fantastically written and I felt all of their emotions. Clay and Maggie have such a tumultuous relationship and you can see how dangerously beautiful it is from the beginning.

Maggie is an incredible, strong young woman and she is immediately enamored with Clayton. There is something about him that pulls her in and blinds her to his inner demons. The deeper she gets, the more she feels the need to fix him. I found her love for Clay despite everything he put her through so endearing but very dangerous. I felt myself  cringe a time or two when I knew that Clay was going to lose it and emotionally damage her a little more. Even though Clay was volatile and unpredictable with his moods, I still loved him because he was fighting these inner demons and he truly loved Maggie with his whole heart. He had serious problems and thought that Maggie was all he needed to fix them but really he needed more help than she could give him. I also really like Maggie's best friends, Rachel and Daniel. They were amazing friends who supported Maggie and helped hold her together when she needed them the most.

This book was so well written and the characters were so real. Maggie and Clay are so in love but so young and don't really know how to handle a serious, mature relationship. On top of that Clay has serious issues and Maggie is a bit delusional when it comes to helping him. The author really pulled on my emotions and I could feel the hurt and determination in Maggie every time Clay pulled away. I could feel the raw emotion from Clay every time he struggled to control his inner demons. The ending was so heart breaking and emotional. I was glad that I read this book after the second one had been released because I desperately needed to know how this was all going to play out.
*****************************

Favorite Quote:
"I knew this was bad for me. I knew that perhaps my parents had been right. But I needed Clay as much as he needed me. We existed in this symbolic relationship where our hearts beat and our lungs breathed only for each other." ~Maggie (Find You in the Dark by A. Meredith Walters)




IPOD Picks:
"Complicated" by Rihanna
"It Will Rain" by Bruno Mars
"When a Heart Breaks" by Ben Rector



Sources
Synopsis: Goodreads
Cover Photo: Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book that I need to read. Maggie and Clay sounds a couple that I could definitely root for. Great review.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an amazing book! It is one of my new favorites. Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!