Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saturday @ Starbucks #3: Book Teasers & Tea

Saturday at Starbucks is a feature from Starbucks & Books Obsession



To join in, just re-post the topic and link back to the host. Grab a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate and blog about the topic.

This week's topic and drink is:
Teasers & Tea

Drink of the week: Passion Iced Tea Lemonade
One of the reasons I love starbucks is that they are more than coffee. While I love to grab a latte I also love their Iced Tea Lemonades. My favorite is the Passion Iced Tea Lemonade. The tea and lemonade balance each other so well. The lemonade adds some sweetness and the tea softens some of the tartness of the lemonade.

Teasers
My teasers this week are from a couple books I read and reviewed this week and the book I am currently reading.

Teaser 1: Gravity by Melissa West
He brushes my hair from my face, and then before I can say another word, he kisses me, ignoring the crowd of people in the hall. I want to lose myself in the moment, but the presence of everyone around us comes into focus- the jocks who worship Jackson, the stupid girls who chase him, Gretchen...Law, Oh no, Lawrence. I pull away and look over at him. His face is hard, unreadable.

Teaser 2: Feudlings by Wendy Knight
Ari froze mid-swipe. Will? Nearly dropping her bag, she raced around the corner, sliding to a stop in confused horror. Will was leaning against a table; every eye in the library watching him like a cobra watches a mouse. And the library was packed because the kids all had nowhere else to go.

Teaser 3: Daynight by Megan Thomason (Currently Reading)
"Chill, I'll be back. I promise. Trust me. If I don't come back, at least you have some great other options here-- Tristan and Ethan, the chick-magnet intern," he says in a joking tone, although I don't think it's funny. "By the way, it's not fake to me anymore. I'm falling for you Kira." Then he lets go and the river swiftly carries him away.

Next week's topic: Favorite Book Covers and a Mocha

2 comments:

  1. You had me at Ice tea lemonade...wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love Iced Tea Lemonade, especially on a sunny spring or summer day.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!